8th 15th September 2020 Cardrona, New Zealand
Postponement Statement

It is with a heavy heart that we have to announce that Snowboxx NZ won’t be able to take place in 2020.

We have been closely monitoring the development of the global situation during these past weeks and taking advice from the government and the health authorities. After careful consideration and dialogue with the multiple parts involved, we have come to the conclusion that we won’t be able to deliver all the aspects that make Snowboxx a truly memorable and high quality experience this year, and we feel it is best not to run the event.

We are determined to make Snowboxx the first and biggest winter music festival in New Zealand, and we want to ensure the event is up to the high standards and expectations we hold for it.

New Zealand is currently in a relatively good situation but there is still a lot of uncertainty about how things are going to develop between now and September, especially in regards to the Trans-Tasman bubble and international travel. This is still unclear, which means some ticket holders and international artists may not be able to travel to the event. We needed this to be in place before the final balance date but unfortunately the global situation hasn't progressed as fast as we had hoped.

We will deliver a truly epic week in the mountains when it’s safe to do so, but at the moment, the safety of our guests, crew, artists and the residents of Wanaka has to take priority, and we feel it’s more responsible to wait and support health organisations across the globe while they fight on the frontlines on our behalf.

It is absolutely heart-breaking to share these news after working on this event for over two years now but we are confident it will be worth the wait, and that next year we all will be able to enjoy the truly amazing week shredding and raving in the Southern Alps we were looking forward to.

As promised, we will offer two options to all ticket holders:

  • Option 1 : Move your booking to 2021 - any amounts paid, except the deposit, will be automatically refunded
  • Option 2 : Cancel your booking and request a refund

Please note that moving your booking to 2021 is the only way we can guarantee you will be able to attend next year.

Tickets for Snowboxx NZ are in high demand and places are quite limited. Given that this year the festival was nearly sold out before releasing the line-up, we expect next year to sell out pretty quick.

Speak to your group and then ask the lead passenger to fill the below form to let us know your choice before June 25th.

Note we ask for only one form submission per group. You will need your booking ID for this, which you can find on your confirmation email.

We have compiled some useful information and FAQs on the page linked below, as well as information about airline policies for those who need to refund or reschedule their flights. If you have any other questions about this process, feel free to drop us an email on info@snowboxx.nz.

Stay safe and hope to see you next year for an epic week skiing and raving in Wanaka. We promise it will be worth the wait!

The Snowboxx team